The Relaunch of the Somerville Local First Website – A resource to find Locally Owned and Independent Businesses in Somerville
Welcome to the new SLF website! We’re excited to completely relaunch our web presence in an effort to better promote the local movement and our members. At the same time, we hope to engage in meaningful dialogue with you, our fellow community members.
This site is intended to serve as a community resource: a place for learning and discussion. To help you continue to Shift your Shopping to local and independent businesses, we are incorporating a number of new features:
- The SLF Blog – Our new blog based site will feature wide ranging contributions every week from many different sources, including:
- SLF Staff, Interns and Board of Directors
- SLF Members – entrepreneurs, artists and nonprofit directors
- Community Bloggers – community members who are passionate about ‘local’ and want to share their Somerville stories
- National Experts – people around the country who are working to build strong local living economies
- Multimedia galore! – We’ll be posting photos, reviews, videos and more to the site in the coming months. We hope these tools will continue to build the awareness and behavior change we need to take our movement to the next level.
- Campaign and Event pages – We’ll have living pages dedicated to the link“>Shift your Shopping, link“>Harvest Fest and link“>JOIN SLF – We now have membership categories for businesses, artists, nonprofits and community members. Each community can easily join our growing network and become part of the movement to build and sustain our local economy in Somerville.
This is just the first step to developing a community resource for local economies like no other. We want to know what you think…in fact, one of the main reasons why we chose this format was to create and foster dialogue. So if there’s something you’d like to see, something you like (or don’t like), please let us know.
Stay tuned this week for daily blog posts, including the beginning of a video series on SLF developed by Street Attack. We will also be hearing from our first Community Bloggers and providing more details on our Shift & Save coupons and mobile applications!
Originally posted on...July 19th, 2010