Eastern Bank is the lead sponsor for Somerville Local First.
Eastern is the largest independent, mutually owned bank in the United States. Founded in 1818 and headquartered in Boston, Eastern is a full-service commercial bank with $7.7 billion in assets and 94 branches. Eastern is the local bank of choice.
- #1 SBA Lender in Massachusetts for 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Boston Globe Top 100 companies to work for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Best Businesses of the Decade”.
- Unlike a public company, Eastern does not have a stock price and is driven by the expectations of customers, not short-term earnings or Wall Street expectations.
- Invested in the local community, Eastern Bank contributes 10% of its net income to charitable organizations including the Eastern Bank Charitable Foundation.